Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Buzzword of the month...

Superficial...


I'm glad pet names are invented and used...


Plt 17 I remembered the 1st time I led you guys. From blur kids of about 14 til the now of 4 primers serving on equal platform. It is very easy to say when things go wrong that the TCO didn't do a good enough job.

It is very easy to say the Plt SGT was nth but merely a policeman, a bad guy to ensure every step you took is correct. Yea, somebody HAD to be the bad guy. To be very frank, if I could do that now I really would.

You guys are all grown up now, you all are now the ables to be the policemen, bad guy or should you choose otherwise. Your actions won't be seen very much as your own but your trainers. Plt 17 will be linked to 14, linked to Mr. See...

But when things are going well, nobody will say the TCO did a great job. Nobody will remember that the Bad guy protected you all from stepping out of the danger zone in the early stages. It WILL BE very natural to say "It should be the case" when people excel and do good.

Will anyone say well done to plt 14 for bringing up 2 warrant officers in 13th and they got their founders? Or will they say yeap, the got their founders as planned. Not for me to say or judge, not for anyone too I guess.

I missed the fun days where we had camps together and the special bond we had. Maybe it is because we stopped having all of that our bond are slowly fading. I remembered how Mr. See prayed of each and every Boy when we took you up. We too learnt to be good servant leaders and put your interest 1st above all other aspect in you BB life.

Maybe we some of us stopped praying for you guys coz you guys have entered into our circle, you guys became comrades fighting in the same war. Which I felt that yea, we need to remember to pray for you all. This time around, it is not just us praying for you all, we have to pray for each other, to watch out for each others' blind spots.

I think now we cannot be anyone's plt sgt anymore. It is just not right for us to police on each others' life. There are alot of things we cannot interfere with anymore. When you fall you'll gotta get up and we can clean your wounds for you.

We cannot prevent you from falling anymore. We warned you of the pits, thats all we can do. How you walk your path is just like how we walk ours. Our own choices... We will be there ready to pick you up. I hope in times when you guys see me falling into a deadly pit, you guys can sound me out too.

I sometimes too will miss out on looking out for you all but I will still remember to look at the photo frame I made you for you guys. I hope you guys can pray for your TCO and plt sgts when you look at it too. You guys will always be my Boys even if one day you all surpass me as an officer.




It feels good to be able to put things down... Now I can stand up and carry on. Look on further forward, hoping to pick up better things.

Sometimes when I don't say anything doesn't mean I don't care. Just that I dunno how...

"Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around,when I'm much too far away..."

No comments: