Sunday, June 04, 2006

I'm back!!!

Really thankful to God for allowing such a wonderful trip :)

Alot of things I've learnt, really to rely on God's strength, the more I try to use my own strength, the more I hurt myself... Prepared Gortex boots but end up hurt my pinkies & toes, still twisted BOTH my ankles, busted my right knee and both thigh were hardened and hurt like mad. Brought 100Plus and Red bull, end up still have not enough energy to climb "properly". Brought Sunscreen but forgot to use, end up sun burnt... Haha, I was the joke of the day...

The climb to checkpoint 4 was rather short. Sad to say we left Jiawei behind with Mr. Tan, we had to sacrifice him coz he couldn't take it to CP1...

We set up camp at CP4, the water was great, crystal clear, icy and refreshing! The air was crisp and cool, very fresh and relaxing.

Dinner was rather light. Din't start a campfire, too much wood to find...
Started packing for sleep. Because not everyone was with us we had to sacrifice one tent, left with one tent to squeeze in 10 people.

I was the 1st few inside, quite comfortable, ended up at the legs of everyone else, ended up slping outside the tent - u're really quite a damn selfish person... Really a boot licker, I open up to get my things you make damn much noise, Mr. Tay shine light on u guys for fun nv say anything....

Early morning pack light, leave camp with Darren behind looking after... I lagged behind... At CP-KFC i really wanted to give up... I wanted to stay there and wait for them... Our guide told us CP7 is only 5mins away so I just go... suddenly it's 30mins, still middle of no where...

I saw the path ahead, I wanted to faint... I asked God to give me strength and I tried to push on. When the reached the CP, I was still climbing like mad... Guess wad? It's only CP6... Our guide lied... UGH! I just told them I want to give up...

Mr. Tay said "Liwen they all also reached the summit, you want to give up?"

Okaaay.... Fine....... I guess 2 more CPs won't die... Little would I expect it to be sooooooo tough.
After a few climbs of only ROPES & ROCKS, I really drag myself - HANDS & KNEES... I was crawling! Towards Bukit Botak I kept trying to push on, I was frustrated and was like "To hell with it!!!" trying to push, but still I had to stop after every few climb...

It's then, I realised I rely too much on myself, I really thank God that Jonathan helped me carry my pack. I had an easier time climbing without it, I started to sing praises, asking God to be with me. From then on, I was no longer dizzy or short of breath, i was cruising for quite some time

We reached the summit!!! WOOHOO!!! The air was really clean, it was kinda dry though. The view was great! I forgottened all my sprained ankles and "sogginess", suddenly there was air-con. clouds came by, the sun shone mightily, God's presense with all of us! Really beautiful.

Lunch at the top, den it was time to come down... Maybe I rested enough at the top. But most probably it's God's strength, I was the 1st few to rush down back to CP4 with my backpack.

We started bathing, it was really really refreshing! I soaked my sorrowful feet in the icy cold waters, natural water have healing properties i guess, no pain after the bath... Cook dinner, we tried to finish what we have, powder up started a fire and went to slp..

Few of us slpt outside, the tent was free, it was shiok.. The weather became very cold... I didn't want to use the slping bag coz I want my pillow... But still it was too cold... In the middle of the night i was coughing, snoring, coughing... Den I cudn't feel my legs! Moved them, and I thought I'd be fine in the morning...

Well, I was wrong! I couldn't stand when I wake up, I was not ready to go... It's a steep and long way down... So we started packing the stuff... Started with prayer and moved off... I was without shirt, only a jacket on...

Arh arh arh every step I took walking downwards... The guys made fun of me but I just thank God, I wasn't the one who fell, I didn't have not enuff water. I NV drank any river water...

I sweated as if I just bathed, I wished I can slide down or something... Every single step I take, killed me... I counted how many times I twisted my left ankle... 5 painful times... 1 time on the right...

I just thank God he brought me back alive... Really greatful, throughout he held the weather for us, he brought us up and down safely, the decisions made were foolish at 1st but became clear after we've seen His plans... It's really marvellous to see God's plans unrevelled slowly before our very eyes.... I love it! Thank God!!!

No comments: