Thursday, June 15, 2006

Back from Church Camp 2006

Yay! It was a refreshing camp, really learnt alot of new stuffs... Can sort of called soul-reviving...

Day 1


The bus ride was soooooo long, we've lost our way and I thought that we're going to be late, esp the opening and Icebreaker. Guess what? It's God's marvelous plan again! Before our camp was another church camp in the resort, they checked out late, those in the bus, God lead us to "lost" our way... Those driving were caught up in a massive jam! When we reached there those drove just arrive behind us. Amazing!

So our opening ceremony was pushed backed, we had lunch 1st instead, den come back for Icebreaking. Lunch was not bad, except that there were lots and lots of flies... Den it was back to the hall... I know my Icebreaker sort of sux, 8 people had to eat whole lemons WITHOUT having any facial expressions!!! Eww... HAHA... Lounge very cold... hmm....

Den the next part, Persuasion, I
think it would've worked better if there were some changes... But still I hope I get my message across. There might be alot of nice words, nice stories very easy to accept, but there's only ONE Truth, sometimes it may sound rebuking, it may be hard to accept but it's still the Truth, we're all sinners and need God.

Then, it was line dancing, I surely knew that not everyone will dance... Louge was quite cold,
but still it went on... I sure would love to watch the video of the guys behind playing a fool... I wished soooooo much I was one of them instead of one of those performing...

After that we went to check in, as we walked down there was the flying fox area, up the tree hse, down by the fox... One by one we played, den Cherie play stun, she released at the end and flew down the hill... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shock of my life... I thoght we going to need to call ambulance... Thank God nth happened... went to our bunks dem... flies infested our door mat, flies in the room, in the OPEN AIR toilet, almost everywhere... I just took a rest, supposedly to rehearse for my worship session but den due to lack of time helped setup the instruments and equipments instead.

Then we went for dinner, this time inside the restaurant, still there were damn lots of flies... Change to the ballroom, it was worship, message on discipleship... The aircon was damn cold... Then a little group fellowship, discuss about tml's devotion and breakfast...

I soaked myself in the jacuzzi for about 1hr... Slpt at 12+...



Day 2



Woke up in a hurry... Bath, changed and quickily headed for breakfast and devotion... Hmm.. the team not gelled yet... Alot of awkward silence in between, only me and Mr. See trying to break the silence once in awhile...

Then it was quickily run thru music and slides... Then it was my worship... This is my 1st time leading a whole worship by myself, and THE ONLY TIME I don't have my diary with me!!!! Very scary, I was afraid that I might forget what I planned to share with the congregation, just then I just PRAY... Okies... Ballroom very cold....

I felt that the worship was ok, too many new songs, maybe next time just 1 new song will do... Then it was workshop... Not those kind of fun fun one... It's those really nid to think de... Den break for rest...

Went for lunch, at the restaurant, we all got used to the flies... Den it was a little break, went for rest... GAMES! Pool games!! hah... quite fun, I'm still fast!!! so long nv swim I'm still very fast!!! At
least faster den alot of ppl... I learnt that Ms Junn is actually a very very very fast swimmer! I thought I would overtake her den suddenly her short burst of speed left me shocked... fine...


After that, it's our bi-annual Church Camp water captain's ball competition! Oldies vs. Young Ones... Oldies won by 8-6... Ugh.. hahas... it was fun, alot of pushing and shoving again... I guess it's really great to have the whole FAMILY playing 2gether...

It was time for resting again, some of us went to the sauna, jacuzzi... The jacuzzi not hot... Den i just head for bunk and took a little nap... Headed for dinner, den back to hall for worship cum workshop, this time on prayer... then it was time for night games... I cudn't join my grp... i was
one of the station... the screwed up station... one deck of cards 4 teams waiting... how to finish? haiz.. nvm...


Eh... I think it was games 1st den worship/workshop... hmm.. getting old... Nvm, after that we had alittle grp time again, den went baq to slp... This time no jacuzzi... just shower and slp... Cudn't slp coz Yi Herng took my space, I slpt on the sofa instead... =( I went out to the Flying Fox area, climbed up and tried to play but so dark, soo scary... Walked one round den I went baq to bed....


Day 3


Woke up, went to eat, devotion, worship/workshop on worship... Den we had lunch... Den rest, den games... Our group won!! hahas... fastest timing! After games went for rest again, den get ready for Praise and Worship session...

The ballroom was very cold... <- remember this line.....? After dinner, it was a little special nite... Why special? Coz instead of white rice we had fried rice! Hahas, of coz not lar... But I found it funny so just crack the joke... Den on to lead my 1st game, the "write something nice about you..." game... Haha, hilarious... I'm such a genius to plan this game! Haha.. no la, thank God, all glory to God coz He lead me to plan this game... I like my comments for me... Somebody wrote "sings well..." dunno who write de, sounds like an adult... HEEEZZZ... made me so "smuggy"... den there's "Great musician... Have talent to lead worship" also dunno by who... Of coz those younger ones dunno how to look for good points to write, got comments like "helpful & friendly" so general... Den Cherie!!! ugh... write so simple stuff... walau... hahas... nvm, I also last min den write urs de... lol... After my event was the really special stuff... The line dancing... Finally I can dance the whole thing... Still the guys were playing a fool... it must be really fun... ugh... no choice... who ask me to be in games comm... nvm.. Den the Praise & Worship... Aircon cold... I LENT Cherie my S&K Denim Jacket, my precious jacket..... I was the drummer... Alot ppl share, suddenly Mr. Martin play stunt... Tell story like youth camp de... Soooooooo long!!! Sooooooo cold!!! I was shivering.... Mr. See behind me laughing at me.... Shivering.... Hands numb, face muscle twitching... Den finish story... Time to play! WAH SEH!!! I asked God to gimme strength... I was shivering as I was playing... Thank God for controlling me... I ask God "Lord, if u're not with me I won't play, pls use me as Your instrument..." Really thank God I didn't screw up the song I screw up the most during rehearsals... Not a beat out of timing... hahs... After we prayed I dash for the exit... jumping up and down... UGH... hahas... sooo cold... Den we headed for our bunks, I packed my luggauge, took a rest, watch TV.. From no where 2 gers popped out from the room behind... Wah seh!!! So dangerous, we could've been changing our underwears and they just popped out without warning!!! Hahas.. thank God none of us were doing anything, just eating maggi and slacking ard... I went to soake myself in the jacuzii hoping that they will leave soon and practise for Beng's closing... Den when I come out they were still there... Ba Zhan the guitar... fine, I'll play with them... hahas, we ended up trying to make all songs "MaMoMe" compatible... lol... it was damn hilarious... "In the stars His handiwork I see~ MaMeMaMeMo~" & Amazing Grace in MaMeMo version... So fun... QS maligned me again... wad womanizer.... I think he's just jealous... JEALOUS... bleah... Den they finally went baq... I can finally practise my Consuming Fire and Bright Morning Star... Went to slp quite late...


Day 4

Woke up quite early coz toooooooooooo cold... 6am I think.. Took a bath and
shut off all the aircon, open the main door... Lay on the sofa and dozed off...
Thks QS for ur blanket BUT I'm already awake!!!

Packed everything, dragged the luggauge, have breakfast, all the while they
serve omellettes for free but nobody except me ordered it.. hahas.. so funny...
Everyone was like asking how come u have special de? Coz I special ma.. God
loves me ma, u all having cool food, only mine is smoking hot... hahahs... I did
asked u all to order but nobody order so fine lor... Nice, the only thing no
nice is the chicken inside, too tough le.. if not the 1st day de is magnific
:)

Went up, this time, I'm wearing my jacket! =p den Cherie sitting infront of
me coz become projectionist... Den as I was playing the last song, "MaMoMe" came
out lolz.... I was like wanting to laugh but it's a worhship... =D

After everything, news of the bus was delayed 45mins, den we played pool, I
was playing the guitar... Went to look for place that sells gum... this is the
2nd time I cudn't get gum to chew! Spoil my tradition... Fine... Den comes the
bus, it's by 2nd link... No chance to buy still... forget it, just keep the
ringghit...

The bus send us home to Semb MRT, took a loong route... UGH... fine... Had
lunch at Mac, I think everyone craved for mac at that moment.. dunno why also...
hahs.. took cab to office, drove baq home.. hahs.. Sleep until today morning..
18hrs of slp... hahas..... so shiok.. :)

No comments: