Sunday, March 01, 2009

Condition "CUI"

So zui was my reaction when I saw Angelia... Haha, I now understand why the expression "白衣天使" came about. Really an angel, though she wore green that day.

Was admitted to TTSH... I was woken up by a very nauseatic feeling at about 6am... I wanted to continue to slp on it to let it go away but the feeling grew stronger.. Finally woke up and rush to the toilet only to find that I could only cough out saliva and the "feel" was coming on even worst....

Then the 1st burst of vomit came... So too was the intense 11 out of scale of 10 pain in sides of the head. I almost collasped to the ground but was supported by my arms on the sink... I asked my dad to send me to hospital... Which on the way I puked and the headache grew even more...

Terrible. It is like someone has a huge head-size caliper, from the inside pushing the skull out, from the outside pushing everything in... When I reached the A&E I was placed on the wheel chair and after that everything gone into havoc mode.

The pain was 15/10.... I was crying - yes crying.. the pain is unbearable. It's like flashing the brightest white like into your eyes yet you can't close them... The doctor injected morphine and anti-nausea fomula and sent me for a CT scan... Scan was good. No bleeding in the brains... The vomitting continued and even when I have absolutely nothing in my stomach I still kept on puking... Water, HCI, bile... etc....

The 1st day I had 4 times of blood tests... 4 holes in my left arm... They put me on drip on the right hand.... day 2 another 4 times... this time another 3 on the left, 1 on the right.... Angelia popped up unexpectedly. Haha, just nice she also attached to the ward during her attachment previously. Thanks missy Ngian for accompanying me. Even though most of the time I'm slping =P

The puny sissy looking doctor reminds me of House. The way he talk to the junior doctors is just like the way House talks to the rest. I dun like him... not at all. And to say he is so gay is just to complimentary for him.

One of the craziest things happened to me... The asked to perform a lumbar puncture... So they can verify the brain is not bleeding... Basically the brain is linked to the spinal cord, any bleeding the cord would pick it up. So they wanted to put an IV tube into my spine and drain out some fluid... My 1st reaction is "Are you kidding me?" Then again... if it's bleeding in the brain, the doctor told me it would be paralysis or stroke... So why risk it? A little pain for a huge assurance...

Oww oww oww... Shall skip the details...

Had to lie on my back flat for at least 4 hrs... Imagine the boredom... And still puking...

NYJ came to visit. Thanks girls... Love u all. Patrick came to visit.. Thanks Cell group leader. Thanks for the book and fruits. Eileen din manage to come but it's ok. Was worried that you were gonna cook porridge and bring over. Thank goodness u din. If not I would puke everything out. =P

Daddy, mummy, Ben and Jacky came. Always there.

Evening of day 2 was the stopping of all the vomitting and pains and what not. Heard from the doctor I could be discharged. Thank Goodness.

Now really need to rest for the lumbar puncture... having the side effects of headaches... Cannot sit too long or stand too long... Lying down is the best.... But I've got so much to do.... Haiz....

Thanks Dennis, SQ, Ken, Lovelle n Tanya for your sms, concerns n well wishes. Pray pray pray for me pls.

No comments: