Sunday, March 16, 2008

Life's a cup of Bru....

So here I am, sitting in the LAN shop with Bro Caleb 2 seats beside me. Surrounded by what seems to be the future of Brunei - Bleak and hopeless. All of them screaming to every 1s and 0s moving thru the system. All the vulgarities and barbaric things that they do... hmm. maybe it's just not what I expected.

Anyway, the drivers here like to blast their techno shit to the max in their car with their super huge sub woofers. I think their ppl will soon become deaf because of all the yelling and also loud music in cars.

Joined SQ for service, together with chief clerk and 3 other new friends. My Det encik was there, so was my EO. Wow. Hahaa, talk about small world. I think it's good. at least next week they know we can't attend.

Anywayz, the work here for us is minimal and there's plenty of time to do R&R. I do miss going out with the gang though, there's nothing to shop here and if it's not due to military restrictions, I'd loan a car and zoom around as much as possible. Here, entertainment is a huge problem. I seriously do not know how the Brus keep themselves entertained...

The way we see it, they have 1 or 2 shopping centers, a lot of night market stalls. Most of the shops along the streest are nessecities shops and EVERYWHERE you got you can buy $2 DVDs. At least the food is cheap and good. So I guess they spend most of their time eating and watching DVDs at home.

My seniors were commenting that there are alot of children in one family. Who can blame them? Nothing to do? Make babies! Some more it's tax free and cost of living here is not so taxing like Singapore. There's not alot of restrictions too.

That's the thing with Singapore - inflexible and too much rules. Rules that says to protect but in actual fact, stopping and feeding the citizens to think. Throw an average 88/89 kid ALONE in some developing country, he'll die for he can't think for himself. We're all too protected.

Our future looks bleak, just like the Brus... But at least here it's so much more relaxing. Oh btw, there's no such thing as GST here? I think tax free too? But in our defense, we don't have oil. =P

Boring country. no alchohol, only coffee. Everywhere too... coffee... Life's a cup of Bru~

No comments: