Friday, January 07, 2005

God has weird plans...

Today was CCA open house. 1 year ago I was appointed chairman of this important event.

I felt that it was God's calling for me to draw new harvest, new blood for our ministry. Very eager, I tried to plan things early so as to not mess God's work... Without knowing what was God's plan for me I dived deep into work straight away.

Everytime when I think of the open house I would have pray to God. "Jesus, I will leave everything to You..." I learnt to rely on God but I felt that I couldn't just say rely on God but do nothing, so I held countless unofficial meetings to check how things were going...

My assistant chairman was the most disappointing. Perhaps he did not realise the importance of recruitment or that was his style of doing things. I really felt that he do not know how to prioritise his work and doesn't take up his responsibility well.

I am also disappointed with the committee, with platoon 17. Whenever I called for a meeting there will not be 100% attendence. Yes I might be demanding, yes I can be very intimidating at times but I will not bear to force anyone to do what they don't like, perhaps that's my weak point. At that very moment I knew I lost control of them all.

I was impressed with my skit IC, pioneering IC, booth IC and even my banner IC! Especially my banner IC, even though he's not in the country but once he was back he really got to work. Whatever he was not sure of he asked. My pioneering IC had took me by surprise, he rose up to occasions and stood in as the assistant chairperson. I think I owe my skit IC an apology, my frustration got at him the other day we were rehearsing. I regretted that.

Among the midst of plannings and rehearsing, I thank God for a teacher in charge to be willing to help out, to be there when we needed to alias with the school...

Throughout the whole event, my only thought was for me to bring in harvest, to attract as much as possible, to glorify the kingdom of God, but I was very wrong.

The plan of God was revealed to me today. I didn't attend the open house. I could not get information from the committee on how the thing went. I almost want to cry and ask God why this agony? I was hit very hard when I look back at all the things I've done for the open house. All I did was to demand and demand, I did not teach the boys well. They would not have learn anything from me. Head to toe, I was doing the job of a staff sargeant. I am not suppose to aliase with the school, I'm not suppose to be in school ensuring the skit goes well, not suppose to be at the scene where they are in charge.

God taught me that I should of all things let platoon 17 learn. Learn how to rely on His strength, learn how to pray, learn how to give thanks... I think I failed God this time.

Brothers and sisters in Christ, please pray for the new boys. God has already shown me His plans. Pray that platoon 17 will seek God and learn. Amen

No comments: