Friday, February 03, 2012

Long time since I've last updated...

Well... Thank God for blogs!

It's been awhile and I've got some thoughts that I thought I would like to pen down.

With Twitter, Facebook and all those social media thingy goin on, seems like a new age is booming... New Media as the gahment like to call it has established itself as one powerful force that is difficult to dealt with. Even SOPA and all those policy thingy couldn't get a break. Guess that's what we have for 'people power' in today's context huh?

Anyways... Just came back from another sail... Urgh! How I hate sailing... Absolutely hate! If it weren't for the many men and gals whom were in the same plight as myself, I wouldn't even want to go!

CO STL quotes "The more we sweat during training, the less we bleed during war". I believe in this statement very much, but seriously? Are we even contemplating war? We're a deterrent force for goodness sake! Urggh! NVM...

I just thank God I made it home in 1 piece and apart from breathing all the fumes, sweating all those sweat, I never really worked too hard on this sail. Although the constant rocking and frequent humming from the waves and engine made my head spun, I actually felt quite in control of my emotions and held up pretty well.

Maybe it's the notion that this could be my last sail? Too soon to speak perhaps but I foresee that it'll be so. Speaking of last sail, Ruth Tan! Congratulations on your last sail! Whether or not you'll be seeing this I still wanna mention, you're an inspiration to me and you really put me to shame - in a good way =)

Happy ORD! I bid you farewell and Godspeed on your next phase of life where ever it may be. I pray that God will use you mightily and yea, I really envy you! Haha. Have a great life, we'll catch up over facebook =)

On the way home I was just thinking, God's really mighty. He made us neither too big or too small, the size of Earth the way it is and made men to rule over it. If you can't picture it, download google earth and take a look. Moments ago I was still in a tin can floating on the seas around the China / Taiwan (somewhere around that region) area, moments later i'm here in my comfy room typing and ranting away... Hmmm... gentiles will say that men have grown incredibly smart and have harnessed the knowledge. I say God had made us mighty to rule over this world. God is just so amazing, He makes me see new things and teaches me something new every now and then.

Haven talk about my school, it's been so fast and furious it seems like I was born to do this! I really struggled to take up the course for many many reasons:

  1. I'm not really the studious type.
  2. I'm in the SAF and really, time is not on my side
  3. I haven't studied since Air Force School, minus that it's Poly.

With theses 3 reasons, I asked God if I really needed and wanted to take up the program. I told myself if I were to be able to pay the school fees, i'll give my best shot at it and really spend time to study. Well, God provided the money. Since I've got the money, let's ask permission from work. Surprise surprise! Permission granted! Morning shift til the shift needs me, so far so good =) Finally, it was the assurance that God gave me when I went for the program preview, conducive environment, most of the students were like me part-timers, very enthu counterparts (judging from the 1st impression). Everything seems great.

Well, the rest was basically like this: bridging, bridging over, sem1, sem1 over, sem2, sem2 over and now sem3... oh my oh my... after sem 3 will be the last sem! It's gonna be great!

Really thankful to God! Thank you Lord for providing me and setting a clear path infront of me. I know that what the future holds is in your hands, help me Lord for making the right choices, let me not fail you in anyway and may I glorify your name.

Thank you Jesus for placing such awesome schoolmates to encourage and and support me! For putting them in my life as wonderful friends!

Thank you Father also for the support from Church, thank You for cell that Alan and Sherine would be patient and lead the cell. That the cell members are understanding of my plight and are willing to make sacrifices to their timing to suit mine.

Thank you Lord.

It can only get better from here =)

No comments: