Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Another learning experience...

Working at JJRG never seems to be boring... Or rather working never seems to be boring...

Although I hate to "get up and go" for anything, but it's the after process that keeps me going... I thank God that sometimes I don't work for the sake of anything but because there is just simply work to be done...

Not that it's good all the time coz sometimes we have to work becoz it's God's ministry... Baq to my topic...

Woke up ard 10++ I think, becoz room was filled with smoke which my considerate neighbours just burnt incense and joss paper right outside my room's window... Probably they hate the sight or rather the sound of my snore and did it purposely? And my big and powerful fan sucked in all of wad's remained of the carbonized-disintegrated smog and blew it all into my unexpecting lungs...

Slacked around for about 4 hrs... Ah... the after-life :) as in life after schooling =p Finally got my ass up and went to buy the highly sought-after 24 pin power supply :) Walking never seemed so difficult in the past... :(

Tore apart the shop dealer's work by ripping off wad seems to be old solderings, re-attached the connections and voila~ New desktop! I love it! It's fast, it's noisy, and makes a hell-of-a sound!!!

Reformat, installed, run and tests... This baby rox! No more sudden shut downs!! Yay! Slowly by slowly, me laptop's gonna be replaced! But maybe I wouldn't bear to sell it yet... Perhaps when the time comes...

Anyway, off to work (reluctantly). Today was a slow nite... 4 tables, of which table 30 stays in my mind and keep recurring...


Family of 7, Dad + Mum + 4 kids and a maid... Dad and Mum reminded me of CPLLTA and SGTCSM (go figure...). He's probably the worst jerk in the whole of Singapore. "Get out! Get out! Let mummy sit there!" yelling at his children - they're only pri sch kids, can't you ask? "What do you wan to eat? WHAT??? DEN WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO EAT???" Why asked in the 1st place?? Here's the best part, the youngest kid (ger) asked "Daddy, I want spagetti, tomato sauce wan..." He said "Are you sure? I think the cream wan is better, I'll take the Alfredo spagetti FOR her"... When served to the kid she obviously sulked. "You like the tomato sauce so much daddy add tomato sauce for you!!!" Irritatingly he shook 1/3 of the tomato KETCHUP bottle into her plate.

Along the way, I can see that the kids weren't happy, they were forced to eat food ordered by the tyrant whom only cared that he got the best value (granton 1 for 1). Pri sch kids eating 1/2 rack of BBQ ribs which I alone have difficulty having a go - he ordered 3 sets of that, and a FULL RACK for himself... Never eat Ribs before??? What really pissed me off was that he didn't allowed the youngest kid to drink unless she swallowed her mouthful of brocolli in "HURRY UP! 3! 2! 1! NOOO! CANNOT DRINK!".... I felt like slapping him...

Mr. Lau witnessed how he scolded his wife just becoz she wouldn't order what she din't liked, he actually was forced to give them REAL 1 for 1 (1 full ribs ordered means 1 full ribs free). All the while I see the maid smiling and laughing all the way and the guy was chatting nicely with her. The wife had a really difficult time for dinner, she was almost in tears I guess when she had to eat up the Alfredo spag with tomato ketchup... I pity her... she really reminds me of SGTCSM... Sad... No choice, 4 kids alredy, divorce means they suffer...

Moral of the story? Marry the right man... Right, this concludes my final test for the new desktop! Great!!!! Signing off~

No comments: